2. Pre-registration is essential as places are limited. A $20 (dollars) entry fee is required to demonstrate commitment from filmmakers to ensure they turn up on the day and don’t pre-register one of the limited places without turning up. Please note that the entry fee is used to fund the competition and not to line the pockets of the Festival.
3. Initially a maximum of 50 entries will be accepted. Once 50 applications (with registration fees) have been received, the entry process will be closed. Registration is on a first come, first served basis. Any registration forms and fees received after the entry process has been closed will be returned to entrants.
4. All films must be no longer than TEN minutes long
5. Each entry will receive two guest tickets per member of the team for the screening on MARCH 3rd 2018. These will be issued when your video project is submitted. All additional tickets must be purchased from the event. Passes will be sold on a first come first served basis from now to the showing of the fest. As filmmakers are being given freedom to film anything they want (including within the horror genre), attendees of the film screening have to be over 16 years of age.
6. Films must be made within the time allotment and mailed before February 24th, 2018 at 9:00 AM and mailed to :
Kitchener Comic Con
P.O. Box 38069 Waterloo Ontario Canada
N2L 2Z0 .
Any films handed in after this time will be disqualified. Please ensure movies are labelled correctly.
7. From all of the entries, a shortlist will be created. This will be announced and the films screened at the event. The judges will then determine the winners. All decisions are final. All entries will appear on the homepage website.
8. All suitable film entries will be promoted on the Kitchener Comic ConHomePage and by entering this competition, you are agreeing to the Festival‘s submission terms and conditions ( posted at http://kitchenercomiccon.com/live/conditions-for/ ). If you do not wish for your film to be promoted on the event’s homepage, please include an e-mail an adjacent to the sending to the online registration form.
*Please note! All events and times are subject to change.
**Please note, if your team is disqualified there will be no refunding of funds! Thank you