Terms & Conditions
As this site is a user generated community site the views and opinions contained on the reviews, news and feedback areas are those of the individual authors and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Association or any of its subsidiaries or employees.
The copyright and all other rights in the material on this website/HomePage are owned by the Association or are included with the permission of the owner of the rights. As a visitor to this website/HomePage, you may download a single copy of the material for your own private viewing purposes only. No copying or distribution for any commercial or business use is permitted without our prior written consent.
Where you are invited to submit any contribution to Kitchener Comic Con;(including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) you agree that by submitting your contribution, to grant Kitchener Comic Con; a royalty-free, non-exclusive, license to use, reproduce on the net, exercise all licensed copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution worldwide. If you do not want to grant to the Kitchener Comic Con; the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution to Kitchener Comic Con;
Further, by submitting your contribution to Kitchener Comic Con you:
Warrant that your contribution;
1. is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to Kitchener Comic Con; for all the purposes specified above;
2. is not defamatory; and
3. does not infringe any law; and
2. Indemnify Kitchener Comic Con; against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by theKitchener Comic Con as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
3. Waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on Kitchener Comic Con and the purposes specified above
Kitchener Comic Con event is not responsible or liable for the content or any of the views expressed within the video material on this site.
Information and availability
Whilst we take every care to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and complete, much of it is supplied to us by our user community and we are unable to check its accuracy or completeness. You are advised to verify the accuracy of any information before relying on it. Further, due to the inherent nature of the internet, errors, interruptions and delays may occur in the service at any time. Accordingly, this website is provided “AS IS” without any warranties of any kind and we do not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the information or interruption in availability.
Links to other sites
On this website you may be offered automatic links to other websites. Whilst we hope you will be interested in those websites, you acknowledge that their owners may be independent from us and we do not endorse or accept any responsibility for their content.
You may include a link to our website/homepage but you may not display the contents of our website/homepage surrounded or framed or otherwise surrounded by material not originating from us without our consent.
From time to time, we (or selected third parties) may include competitions, promotions or other offers on this Web Site/Home Page. Each such offer shall be subject to its own express terms and may not be available in all jurisdictions.
All trademarks used on this website/page are the property of their respective owners.
Competition terms and conditions
These rules apply to all prize competitions (except of the Kitchener Comic Con; Lights, Camera, Action; Digital video project.), including free draws and instant win offers run by Kitchener Comic Con (“Competitions”).
The promoter of the Competitions is Kitchener Comic Con (the “Promoter”). These terms and conditions govern the Competitions.
1. All entrants must be over 16 years of age at the date of entry and be resident in the Canada (unless otherwise stated on the page of the competition). The eligibility of any entrant is at the sole discretion of the Promoter. Employees, families or agents of the Promoter and/or any of its associated companies are not eligible to enter the Competitions. Only one entry per person is permitted.
2. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
3. All entries must include name, address, email address and telephone number. Entries must be made in accordance with the rules of the particular Competition or through the website. Winners will be drawn at random from all correct and valid entries on or around the closing date of the Competitions and shall be notified by email. Where further information is requested, the winner shall have five (5) working days to respond in full to the email or an alternative winner shall be drawn. Details of the name(s) of winner(s) will appear on the Homepage on www.theita.ca/is
4. Entrants should enter the Competitions via the website, providing the appropriate requested details and answering the question. The prize(s) on offer in each of the Competitions (each referred to hereinafter as a “Prize”), shall be awarded by the Promoter subject to availability. The decision of the Promoter as to who has won a Prize is final and no correspondence will be entered into. On certain occasions the prizes will differ from those advertised, the value however shall remain the same.
5. The Promoter may at its sole discretion, substitute any Prize for a prize of a similar nature and/or comparable value. Winners may not request and are not entitled to a cash alternative to their Prize and their Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
6. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost, incomplete or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control. All lost, damaged or incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. Proof of entry shall not be proof of delivery or receipt. Only entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions will be acceptable. The Promoter will not be liable if a Prize cannot be taken by a winner for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter. Neither will the Promoter be liable for any travel costs, spending money, insurance nor any other costs associated with a Prize unless otherwise stated.
7. The winner may be required to participate in publicity surrounding this promotion.
8. Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Canada data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent.
9. By entering the Competitions, all entrants are deemed to accept these terms and conditions and any other rules ( posted on http://kitchenercomiccon.com/live/programming/) or conditions specific to thiscCompetition. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, change the dates of entry into the Competitions and/or the dates on which the Competitions will be promoted and the Promoter reserves the right to alter, amend or withdraw these terms and conditions and/or the Competitions without prior notice.
10. The terms and conditions of any third party supplier may apply and must be accepted and complied with by the winner.
11. On submitting an entry, each entrant irrevocably and exclusively grants and assigns to the Promoter with full title guarantee the entire copyright and all other rights of whatever nature in its entry for the full duration of such rights throughout the world.
12. Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of the Promoter, so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Competition or any aspect of a Prize.
13. These terms and conditions are governed by and construed and performed in accordance with the laws of Canada and Ontario, whose courts shall be the courts of exclusive jurisdiction.
**Please note! All events and times are subject to change from Kitchener Comic Con . Thank you